Our Technology Consultancy Services help you get to where you need to be
Our expert technology consultants deliver leading edge, thought provoking advice, analysis and recommendations, to help you get to where you need to be. We go above and beyond, excelling where others stumble, to provide clients in all sectors with a bespoke technology consultancy. We’re knowledgeable, driven and considered, working intelligently to enhance your IT systems. We have a large and vibrant team who’ll work with you to provide exceptional results for practically any project. It’s for this reason that thousands have chosen UKN for all things information technology related.
With minimal disruption, we support your organisation in delivering your IT projects, on time, on budget and always within scope. We follow the markets best practice, including Prince 2 and ITIL methodologies, ensuring your projects achieve the highest standards. Our technical consultancy service is elite in every sense of the word. Contact us today to learn more about our technology consultancy solutions.
Want to know more?
Our projects are typically delivered in three stages:
Plan and Design
Implement and Transition
Monitor and Improve
Provide technical consultancy for strategy development
- Working in partnership with clients, we identify technical solutions which meet business needs
- We analyse your existing infrastructure to gain a complete understanding of your IT environment. Example’s of this include – Gap analysis, utilisation statistics etc
Technical design and architect
- Development of written solutions reflecting the results of our consultancy findings. We provide a scope of works and proposal documents in support of delivery
- Engagement with stakeholders to identify requirements which best fit current and future business needs
Proof of Concept and Pilot Studies
- Development of limited usage solutions for achievement of UAT (user acceptance testing)
- Delivery of Proof of Concept solutions within existing infrastructure
Implementation of solutions to meet client’s strategic IT objectives
Development of final solution
- Development of solutions based on results and output from Proof of Concept
Build & Implement
- Complete build process of identified solution
- Deployment of hardware and software
- Completion of scheduled testing in line with a full test plan as agreed with the client
Transition into Business as Usual (BAU)
- Creation of documents detailing full solution
- Integration of documents into IT service management systems
- Configuration management database population (Hardware Items, Software Items, Software Licences)
- Management of configuration items allocation to users including licence tracking and software utilisation
- Identification of knowledge disparity within operations
- Transfer of associated knowledge to operational departments
Handover into business as usual
- Delivery of all component parts into operations, Managed Services or client side teams enabling full tailored support
- At this point we address training and knowledge transfer requirements and handover to BAU
Project Management Office
Project Management Office provides clients with a centralised, coordinated team of specialist Project Managers, whose responsibility is to ensure the successful execution of the project to the agreed parameters. They will provide ongoing management, resource allocation, regular updates and escalation, as further outlined below.
- UKN adopt the principles of PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology to successfully deliver business and IT change for our clients. PRINCE2 is a de facto standard used extensively by UK Government and is recognised and used in the private sector internationally.
Resource planning and scheduling
- Resource scheduling, availability and optimisation are considered key to successful project management.
- All resource and scheduling requests are centrally handled by the Project Office team.
- Project Office is the central co-ordination point for all project related matters. All communications relating to projects are handled by the Project Office team.
Project governance using PRINCE2 methodology
- All projects are governed by PRINCE2 principles and methodology to ensure they are delivered in line with the agreed objectives. Specifically, delivered on-time, on-budget and to the agreed quality levels.
- Formal handover of deliverables / products to stakeholders
- Review achievement of objectives with key stakeholders from both the client and UKN
- Undertake a lessons learned workshop, identifying key learning points
- Prepare project closure report