Due to the imminent deadline, the greatly expanded scope required and potential huge penalties for non-compliance (up to €20million or 4% of worldwide turnover), this regulation now requires increasing urgency for action.
It applies to all companies who deal with EU nationals whether based in the EU or outside.
There is also no escape because of Brexit. Secretary of State Karen Bradley has said "We will be members of the EU in 2018 and, therefore, it would be expected and quite normal for us to opt into the GDPR and then look later at how best we might be able to help British business with data protection while maintaining high levels of protection for members of the public".
GDPR is real and has real teeth
UKN Group and our partners can provide valuable assistance in all aspects of your preparations; UKN Group can also demonstrate how the environment required by GDPR has real benefits and can even reduce some IT infrastructure costs.
For a demonstration or to discuss your requirements contact UKN Group here.
- 69% can be ROTT - Redundant, Obsolete, Trivial, Toxic
- 20-40% can be system generated and immediately deleted
- Select old or inactive data for deletion and/or archive and reduce costs
- Identify current and active data and improve performance to the users
- Help your IT staff tier storage effectively
- Identify toxic data (e.g. personal information) to remove regulatory business risk
- Make the clean-up part of an overall information governance & GDPR readiness plan
Empowers EU nationals to control what information is held about them and how it is used.
Sets out strict rules for obtaining consent for lawful processing of data.
All breaches must be reported within 72 hours.
Some organisations will need to appoint a Data Protection Officer to ensure monitoring and management of the regulation.
The comfort that you are working with a company and a team that have attained a high accreditation status
Allows us to provide a front line service while your teams focus on core,
UKN Group has more than 20 years of service improvement experience.
We encourage talking to our clients or looking at our live client feedback.
We have clients in the UK, Europe, USA, Africa, Australia, China and Japan.